Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Verve-y Mother's Day

This is the card I made for the 3rd April Viva la Verve challenge. The sketch seemed really straight forward, but I really had a time of it. This was my 3rd attempt at getting it right. Whew!
I used Verve's Because of You set, it is chock full of wonderful silhouettes and beautiful verses and sentiments perfect for Mother's Day. I usually give my Mom a hanging basket or plant of some sort for Mother's Day, so I went the floral route regarding the image, papers, and embellishments. And, her favorite color is blue; not this color blue, but it works.

The silhouette was overstamped with the sentiment in black, it really does add a little punch. I also added "Mom" in black as well. The Rolled Flowers are the star of the show, I really enjoy the fact that you can make them virtually any size based on how tightly you wind them. I added the aqua pearls to the center and am kicking myself for not adding black pearls instead.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW...love this monochromatic beauty!

igotstamps said...

This is really pretty. I like the Aqua pearls, but I could see how the black would really pop with this color scheme.

Cindy Haffner said...

BREATHTAKING!!~

alienanessa said...

Can we all say whoa? This is one of those where your spouse says, Honey, this one is waaaayyy to pretty to give away!! Oh my holy goodness, TH! I'm in awe on this one!

Allison said...

Stunning! Great mix of papers!

ShareThis