Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flourished Sympathy

Sympathy cards are always hard to make and I never seem to have any on hand. So, I choose to make the card as the need arises, I think you're more in the mindset to be creative that way. I like to believe that the feelings you have at the time allow you to be more sensitive to the recipient. An easy, basic layout helps the process too.



I pulled out Fancy Flourishes from PTI and stamped the largest one on a cream panel using black ink. Monochromatic cards (here I used smokey shadow, cream, and true black) seem to be more tasteful to me for these types of cards as well; hopefuly bringing comfort by evoking a soothing thought or feeling.





3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wonderfully elegant!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very nice!!~

alienanessa said...

holy goodnight lady, this is one of the most awesomest sympathy cards I've seen. No kidding, it really is simple and elegant and touching. The flourish and the pearls really clinch it.

ShareThis