Monday, May 16, 2011

Friends Til the End

Paper Makeup Stamps is having a Design Team Call, you can check out all the deets HERE. Oh, and you can tell all your friends too! ;-)


Using My Time Made Easy' sketch, MTMEPPS07, I was inspired to make this card. I deliberately made the panels larger and different sizes for a little more interest. All the stamps are PTI- Turning a New Leaf, Friends Til the End, Background Basics: Text Style.



I just love this card (might even be one of my own faves), so elegant and somewhat vintage...a style I am so drawn to, but extremely intimidated of. The flower was stamped once with full ink in the right corner and then stamped again, without re-inking, in the left corner. Makes for a great look.

I took Thursday and Friday off from work, just to recharge from the course of the last few months. We chilled at home on Thursday, but on Friday, we went to see Hoodwinked 2. It's a cute movie, but I am glad we paid the reduced matinee price, I would have been disappointed if I had to pay full price. LOL


Then, on Saturday, we went to a flea market a few towns over to purchase some vegetable plants....we get to have a garden this year. Our neighbor, who always has two or three glorious gardens, told us we could plant in his back garden. We don't have a ton of space, but enough for the things we use often- tomatoes, potatoes, onions, garlic, green beans, corn, bell peppers, and cabbage. If we had known for sure he was going to let us use it, we would've been able to get more stuff, but it was a last minute decision. The plan is to get some of each now and then some more in a few weeks, that way it isn't all coming in at the same time. I also have to learn how to can some of it, goodness knows there will be more than we can eat. Holy cow, I am excited about it!

4 comments:

alienanessa said...

Okay, first, this card is wonderful! Love the sketch and how you did the panels, love that ribbon too!!

Sooooo glad you get to have a nice garden, that sounds like a good amount of space actually!!! Could you PLEEEEEEZE do me a favor and take pictures along the way? I think that'd be sooo cool...show us the prep of the dirt, then the planting, then the first one or two weeks, well you get the psychotic picture. I'm kidding, I don't think it's necessarily psychotic, it's just so cool to grow your own food!

I think I'll go check out those deets!!

~amy~ said...

lovely card...I haven't used that PTI set in a while and I'm trying to use my neglected stamps...thanks so much for the inspiration!

Kristie said...

What a beautiful take on the sketch! I like that the stamp design overlaps onto both panels.

Good luck with your garden, how nice of your neighbor to offer his space!

Carma said...

Love this long, slender card! I never think to make this size and this one is gorgeous!!

ShareThis