Sunday, August 7, 2011

PMS August Hop

While we don't have a release this month, we do still have a blog hop. You should have arrived from Tangii's blog if you started at the beginning. But, if not, be sure to start HERE so that you don't miss anything!

The theme for this month was to use any image released before 2011. I knew exactly what I wanted to do!

It's my son's birthday today (He's 10! How'd that happen?) and I knew I'd need a gift card holder since that's how he's getting his gifts this year. And, since his pet name is 'monster' (there's a story behind that, but I won't bore you with it today!), I knew I wanted to use a monster. Paper Makeup Stamps has a whole section dedicated to monsters.


This is a basic gift card holder that I decorated with some designer paper using green (it's his favorite color) as the base, I really liked the simple shapes and colors on the paper and wanted it to remain the focus of the outside of the holder. I tied some twine around the panel for a little interest. The sentiment, from Birthday Cheer, was stamped in the lower right corner just so that it peeked out a touch.

The real treat is found when it's opened.




I stamped and colored Dreck (he's on sale) to match the cardstock color, then cut him out and adhered him near the top of the inside since I didn't want the image to be visible from the outside- it needs to be a surprise. I added some red lines to indicate eye fatigue since this will house one of the GameStop cards we're getting him.



I am the last stop on this sizzling August Hop, hope you've found some inspiration using our older stamps. Be sure to stop by the PMS store and find some for yourself.



Happy Birthday Cody!



10 comments:

Lisa M. said...

It's lovely, Tina! I think Dreck is super cute...and I always love classic lines of gift card holders!

Jenn said...

Cute! Love the little monster!
Great coloring too!

Jenn

Stephanie Zito said...

OMG Tina this is soooo cute!!! Absolutely adorable!

MrsK said...

This is super cute i love it! sal x

Randee E said...

What a cutie patootie of a card! I'm sure Cody will love this too - especially when he opens it :0)

Jackie said...

Oh Dreck is so darn perfect for this! I love the coloring job you did and how sweet this little gift card holder is! Great job!

Anita Hovey said...

HA HA HA I love it! He's my fav monster.

Lisa Kind said...

Cool idea, Tina! I love this monster...he was one of the first ones I purchased! Happy Birthday to Cody! Ten is a fun age!

Michelle VP said...

Happy Birthdy Cody! My boys were both so excited to reach double digits when they turned 10. Love how you've colored Dreck - great shading! :)

LaJanette said...

What a neat project you have here! LOVE your coloring; I think I say it on each of your comments...but it is so so true; love it!

Hugs;
Janette

ShareThis