Monday, November 28, 2011

More Tags

I opted to make a few more tags (a set of 6) this past weekend; I need quite a few. I'll be getting the ingredients together soon to make some quick breads for the folks at work for Christmas; it'll be a mostly handmade/ homebaked holiday this year. I picked up a Wilton mini loaf pan from Wal-Mart this weekend as well.

This is my take on some tags I spotted on the MFT store home page.


I started with a kraft base; the paper is in one of those packs from Hobby Lobby. The paper is quite thin, but it works ok for these tags since so much is added to them. I, however, prefer a thicker cardstock and simply won't make the mistake of getting those packs again.


The kraft tags was embossed with either a woodgrain or damask folder for a touch of texture. I then cut the frame shape with my Silhouette from the lovely Echo Park paper. I also cut the mint and numbers out of some textured red cardstock.

I wrapped the candy in a cello bag that I cut in half, then tied closed with twine. The candy and numbers were adhered with boosters and sticky glue dots. The sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps; it was stamped, punched with an oval punch, then mounted in the center of the frame.

Lastly, I added some ribbon tied with more twine and a sweet little button.

2 comments:

Carma said...

Great tag! Love the wrapped candy!! I haven't ever made tags. I think I'll give it a try.

alienanessa said...

OMGood golly, those are adorable! Just looove the papers and the textures and the buttons and the Twinery!! And that candy, jeepers, you rocked it!

ShareThis