Monday, January 16, 2012

Seize the Cupcake

I needed a birthday card, our publisher's birthday is the 20th....just a few days after mine. I knew for sure I wanted to use this BG paper, I really love it. I don't do well with BG papers, don't know what it is, but I'm not successful with them.

The sketch is Karen's SSSC150, perfect for the cupcakes and the papers, for real. I like it when I know exactly which supplies I am going to use when I see a sketch. The stamps are Verve's Carpe Cupcake and this is one of the only times I've used them. The image panel was cut with nesties and the 2nd cupcake was cut out and mounted on top. The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark.



I'm trying to get used to coloring with my copics again, it's been a realllllly long time and I am out of practice. With so many other things (mostly unpleasant) going on, it felt great to focus on something that brings me pleasure. The escape is good for my soul.




2 comments:

alienanessa said...

Hellooooo lady on your birthday!!! I sure hope today is wonderful, email me and let me know what's going on!! Also, your gifty will be a tad late because I'm awaiting payday to send it along {had to double up on my stupid student loan payment, I'll probably die before I get the thing paid}, but it'll be on its way!!!!

~amy~ said...

Gotta love a cute cupcake card...happy birthday girlie.

ShareThis