Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Karen

I was asked by my publisher's daughters to make a card for their Mother for her birthday today. Happy Birthday Karen! They gave me instructions to use pink and told me she loves roses.

I had to toss my original idea, it went from fabulous to over the top with the addition of embellishments. I decided to go a different route and ended up coloring this image from The Year of Flowers mini set from PTI, the sentiment was stamped on a double ended banner die cut, it's also from PTI, the birthday set (name is escaping me).

The borders were cut with my Cameo, the image die cut with nesties. I did trace the inside petals with a clear glitter pen for a subtle amount of shimmer and sparkle.


1 comment:

alienanessa said...

I simply can't believe that you can cut those intricate details with your cameo!!! This card sure looks absolutely perfect for someone who loves pink and roses!!

ShareThis