Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sweet As Can Be


I needed another thank you card to send out and grabbed the new Pretty Peonies set I received last week. I have been itching to use the flowers!
The dp is from StopandScrap, Webster's Pages Sumer Picnic & Everyday Poetry collection. It is so soft, romantic, and pretty. I stamped the library card directly on the dp in a rose colored ink; adding the butterfly in light pink and the leaves in an avocado ink. The leaves go all the way down the right side of the library card.
After die cutting the flower panel, I stamped the solid peony and leaves with more rose and avocado inks; I also rolled the peony in a darker pink on the bottom edge. *I stamped most of this in the dark since we lost power that day. Wish it was a closer color match to the paper, but it'll do.
Finally, I added one part of the sentiment to the library card panel and the other to the strip in the library card pocket. And, then some gems to the center of the peony.

ShareThis