Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Your Birthday!


My friend, Nan, had a birthday yesterday and this is the card that I made for her. She likes turquoise and purple, so those are the colors I grabbed. Gotta love making it yourself, where else would I find a suitable card in her favorite colors?

I embossed the large flower cluster from PTI's Stitches and Swirls, a set I don't use nearly enough. Once embossed, I added some gems to the small flower centers.

The sentiment from Verve's Big Wish was also embossed using VersaMark and some dye inks with clear embossing powder. I love that I can use my dye inks in this way instead of purchasing a ton of embossing powder.

As you can see, I went pretty clean and simple, it's especially easy with such large and detailed images. The floral cluster really steals the show.


No comments:

ShareThis